Posts Tagged ‘augmented reality’
Appropriately enough, that particular release date falls on a Friday, when 3DS gamers will be able to get their hands on the new augmented reality game from Tecmo Koei.
from Nintendo’s press release:
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir introduces a mysterious girl named Maya who has been hiding in the shadows of an old house. Players must help Maya break free from a terrifying curse by aiding her escape from the clutches of a malevolent woman in black. By using the Nintendo 3DS system’s built-in camera, players can view Maya in their own surroundings as the game’s eerie events unfold.
Included with the game is a 16-page AR Book, known as the “diary of faces” in the game’s Story Mode, which serves as a gateway into this haunting experience. As players view the book’s images through the lenses of the Nintendo 3DS camera, they enter its pages using augmented reality. At times, pages will come to life in the form of movies, revealing past events that offer insights into the mysteries surrounding the diary. In other moments, characters will emerge from the pages into the player’s world via augmented reality in the form of evil spirits that attack from all directions.
“Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir will give Nintendo 3DS owners an extraordinary new way to enjoy the system’s augmented-reality features and 3D capabilities,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Everywhere they go, they’ll be able to transform their real-world surroundings into a chilling hand-held adventure.”
I thought this was semi-interesting. You can take a picture of people and objects and the main character of the game will interact correctly with those environments. In the picture below, she takes a seat right next to Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata. Pretty clever trick, I must say.
The new game is being developed by Hudson and is coming out this October. Here’s what’s included:
- Over 20 Tetris game modes!
- Featured Game Modes: Marathon, Computer Battle, Fever, and Survival
- Party Game Modes: Stage Racer Plus, Shadow Wide, Jigsaw, Tower Climber, Ca pture, Fit, Bombliss™, Sprint, and Master Mode
- Augmented Reality Game Modes: AR Marathon and AR Tower Climber
- Local Multiplayer Game Modes (2P–8P): VS Battle, VS Stage Racer, VS Shadow Wide, VS Capture, andCo‐op Tower Climber
- Download Play Game Modes (2P–8P): Marathon with Everyone, Fever with Every one, and VS Battle
- Nintendo® Wi‐Fi Connection Game Modes (2P–6P): 3 variants of World Battle
- Discover new exciting Items for Fever using SpotPass™
More screenshots after the break…